Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday Tell All - Great Grandparents

Do you remember your great-grandparents? What do you know about them?
I didn't personally know my great-grandparents as they were born in the 1880's, in fact I only had one grandparent still alive when I was born, but I know a fair bit about them, at least I feel like I know them. We named our son after my great-grandfather who I felt a particular connection to. One of the stories that I likes about him and his wife was that at dinner time they would set an extra place at the dinner table incase a beggar came by their house who was hungry, I love that act of charity and that they placed themselves in a position where they were ready to act on good impressions immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the thoughts today. I remember that my grandmother would always give homeless men that came by food. They used to go to homes and usually were jumping trains and traveling around. It is too dangerous to do that now; which is kind of sad. We are in an Inner City Mission and have learned so much about real proverty and they are amongst.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx