Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Being a Mother Has Never Been Easy

“Being a mother has never been an easy role. Some of the oldest writings in the world admonish us not to forsake the law of our mother, instruct us that a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother, and warn us not to ignore our mother when she is old (see Proverbs 1:8; 10:1; 23:22).


“The scriptures also remind us that what we learn from our mothers comprises our very core values.”

(Thomas S. Monson, “If Ye Are Prepared Ye Shall Not Fear,” Ensign, Nov. 2004, 116)

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. Being a grandmother gives a double whammy. There are been some very difficult moments in my life. One such moment was when a grandchild was in the PICU at Primary Children's hospital for 5 1/2 months and during most of this time; she was in critical condition. My pain was not just for my grandchild; but also for my child. I am so greatful for the peace I received through the spirit during this time.
    Blessings to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx