Monday, February 2, 2009

Stargazing

“And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.”
(Genesis 1:16)

I was thinking about these words yesterday, and the different types of lighting that Heavenly Father made for us on this beautiful earth. I thought how it’s similar to how our lives are lit as well. Mostly we feel the warm glow from the sun, there are times though when darkness is more apparent to us than light and we wait for that time to pass. It is never so dark though that light is still not seen, even if it’s just a sliver in the night-sky of our lives.

I used to love going for walks at night-time, things just seem more peaceful then, and I love looking at the stars. Something I noticed one time was that as I came away from the distracting street-lighting I could see the stars more clearly. I then noticed that if I stood still, and looked up at the sky, the stars became visible to me, and the more I looked the more I saw.

Sometimes it’s like that in life also, we all go through periods of darkness, when we don’t feel the Son’s rays warming us as strongly. It’s during those times that we need to step away from any distractions, and look up, and if we are still we will see that we have not been left alone, but that throughout the darkness are sprinkled moments of hope & joy, which are ours to enjoy, if only we would see.

I know our Heavenly Father loves us, He watches over us and He will never, ever, fail us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx