Friday, November 14, 2008

Nevertheless....

I thought more about this scripiture today:

"And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do."
(1 Nephi 4:6)

Often we read this familiar scripture and stop there -what caught my attention today was the next few words of the verse which follows:"Nevertheless I went forth,....." (v.7)

I love Nephi's example of faith in action - he didn't wait to be instructed or to receive knowledge, but 'went forth' knowing the Lord would guide him. He is much like his father Lehi, who didn't just pray in behalf of his people, but went amongst them and prayed as he did (1 Nephi 1:5).

It reminds me of the quote which says: "Some people pray cream and live skimmed milk"

I hope that the energies with which we live the gospel and exercise faith will be equal to the energies with which we pray to our Father in Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration, up early, reading the scriptures on a Sat morn. And I also love those scriptures, but I have such a love for the BoM. I am Lamanite and have heard all my peoples stories about these things. I had a testimony before I ever read the book.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx